Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Nonbroadcast multiple access (NBMA) configuration and troubleshooting, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] Time to raise the stakes here…and the complexity level, just a bit…as we head into a study of…OSPF NBMA network troubleshooting.…Because we've got some issues…unique to OSPF hub and spoke networks.…You won't see these problems on a broadcast network…or point to point link,…those we've already looked at.…And by the way, all of the previous OSPF configs…involving anything else, frankly, they've been removed.…I'm not running OSPF on here yet at all.…We're over the 184.108.40.206/24 network.…
And just a little more of a lab tip here,…a couple of good commands to run…before you actually start a lab,…just check your frame mappings,…and I did that here with show frame map.…And when you see active and active,…you know you're in good shape.…And also, before that, I did send pings all the way around,…it's no use in showing all of them,…but I pinged both spokes from the hub…and everything looked good there.…So I note on the board here, you know,…be on the lookout for these commands…required by an OSPF NBMA network.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.