Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video The Network Time Protocol (NTP), part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] The Network Time Protocol,…the protocol that stops us from having to run around…to every router and switch on our network…and enter the time.…And, of course, we're not going to have it exactly synced…if we did it that way either,…and in today's world, we saw it with time-based ACLs,…you would definitely see it working with secure certificate,…you'd see it working with a lot of Cisco Security features.…The Time Sync used to be a luxury, a long time ago,…I grant you, in a network, today, I mean it's a must.…You've got to have time synchronized on your network devices…and NTP helps us make that happen,…and it's been helping us make it happen for quite a while.…
Now, NTP devices, they're stacked in a hierarchy.…And at the top of the stack or the pyramid,…you would see stratum-0 devices.…Now these are often atomic clocks…and I'm going to show you one of these in a moment.…And we cannot make a Cisco router or a switch a, excuse me,…a stratum-0 device nor can we have our router…or switch get the time directly from such a clock.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.