Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Named ACLs and placement, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Narrator] Named ACLs can really come in handy…whether you're just plain out running out of numbers…for your numbered ACLs, and that does happen…in some companies and some operations,…or whether you want to give your ACLs intuitive names.…Personally, in a lab environment, I like to do that…especially as you're doing more and more complex labs.…Your ACLs get a little more complex.…Let's face it, if you've got an ACL that's permitting telnet…but denying everything else or vice versa,…it's going to be two lines.…You can look at it and say,…okay I know exactly what that is,…but sometimes, and this can happen when you go…to a client site, certainly happened to me over the years,…you walk in and there's a 45 line ACL…and it's blocking some obscure ports…or allowing some obscure ports.…
And you're looking at it and the name of it…is access list 14 and they didn't remark it…so you're trying to figure out…what is the purpose of this ACL?…Well, one way or for any of those reasons,…named ACLs can really come in handy…and let's go over router three and I'm just going to write one…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.