Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video NTP authentication, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Narrator] We are picking up with router three,…we had a little interruption there between videos.…So, we're on router three,…and now we're going to set that up…as a client of router two's…with the NTP server command.…And it's just as simple as that.…We're just going with 10.1.1.2.…And there you go.…Now, let's start running some show commands.…Pretty much what I had anticipated there.…
And, good, I wanted you to see this as well.…Now, we see clock is unsynchronized, stratum 16,…no reference clock, with show NTP status…and we know that is not good,…that synchronization with router two…has not yet occurred.…And you can see, though,…if you only ran show NTP association…you could get a little confused and think,…"Oh, okay, you know, we're all set up."…Well, we know that the squiggly, if you will,…stands for configured, or manually configured,…we just did that, so we know all about that,…but this is what I was talking about…where you've got to see the asterisk there…or it's no good…and right now we've got to see that as sys.peer…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.