Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Mystery solved!, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- You know both Pepperidge Farm and I remember…a simpler time and a simpler network.…And I'll stop talking like that now I promise.…But here's that simpler network I was just referring to…and this is another reason I wanted to kind of…cut this lesson into two videos.…'Cause I needed to set up a separate lab…to show you The Next-Hop Attribute Default,…or that calculation that we saw the IOS mention.…Router 3 is advertising it's two loopback interfaces…over to Router 1.…Router 3's an AS 300, Router 1's a AS 100…and all three routers you'll see in this lab…are on the 22.214.171.124/24 network.…
So nothing fancy going on here.…And you see the next-hop is 126.96.36.199,…that's intuitive, makes perfect sense.…But let's verify anyway by going over to Router 1.…Running show ip bgp, there are the two routes…and the next-hop is 123.3 and everything is exactly…as we would expect it.…Now, when a BGP speaker advertises…a route to an eBGP neighbor,…and that's just what we saw, 3 and 1 are eBGP neighbors.…
The next-hop address is going to be that…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.