Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video More passive interfaces, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Narrator] Picking up right where we left off…at the end of the last video you can see that…I turned the debug off with U all…and we also see that hellos have been going out…serial one zero every minute, and again,…that's where your timestamps come in handy,…'cause here's 12:06.…You see the next one going out at 13:05…and we also see that we're receiving hellos…and passive interface really doesn't have any impact…on the hellos we receive.…It's the ones we send.…So we're seeing exactly what we wanted to see here.…We've continued to advertise the network 172 12 one zero…while cutting down on a tremendous number…of unnecessary hellos.…
So, we love that.…Now that we've fixed things let's go in and un-fix them.…(laughing)…Let's do a no passive interface fast zero slash zero.…And then I'll run the debug hello here…and the EIGRP packet hello.…Now I know you're thinking this is great,…but I saw this in another course…and where's the troubleshooting coming in?…Hang in there, we do actually have some troubleshooting…coming in with this command.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.