Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Local preference: Changing one, but not all, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] Time to see how we could use a route map…to change the local pref of some routes…but not change it for others…and did one or two things here between videos.…First off, you can see at the very top here,…I did take the bgp default local-pref command…off of router one, no problem there,…just put the word no in front of it,…then did a soft reset out…to update router two's table…and as we go down to router two, a show ip bgp,…you can quickly see that the 172 network again…has a next hop of 10.1.1.4.…
Now, we also have a network we haven't seen there before…and that's the 210 network.…I added that to routers three and four during the break.…They're both advertising it, nothing tricky,…the same way that they advertise the 172 network…and we've got a next hop as we expect of .4…for router two for the valid and best and route,…excuse me, the next hop with .3 is considered valid.…Now let's say we need to change the local-pref…of one of these routes to change the table a bit…but not all of them coming in from router one.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.