Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video K values and passive interfaces, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Chris] A couple of labs for you in this video,…one short, one long,…and we're going to start with keeping your K-Values consistent.…And I've got quite the understatement here on the screen.…The need to change EIGRP's metric weights is very rare.…Well you could go your entire career…and not really have a good reason…to change the metric weights.…Cisco actually warns you against doing so…in several of their online command references…and PDFs and whatnot.…Having said all that, that's the disclaimer.…But on the very rare occasion where you change these values,…you have to keep them consistent…between existing or future neighbors,…or your adjacencies will no longer be existing…past, present, or future.…
And I'll use the metric weights here on router two…to show you exactly what I mean.…And we'll go with type there.…And then you've got your K1 through K5.…So I'm just going to…pull some numbers out of my ear.…And there you go.…So apparently, we have one neighbor.…
And we can see neighbor 172 12.…Let me scroll over just a little bit there.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.