Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Internal BGP (iBGP) peering and loopback interfaces, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] Time to move onto our first…internal BGP peering.…We're going to build that between routers one and two.…Router two down there at 188.8.131.52,…and first off though,…I hate to start a video with a mistake.…Making this one on purpose.…So it doesn't count.…Router BGP 100…what happens, we'll say if you're just typing right away…and you try to make yourself the neighbor?…Think that's going to work?…What do you think is going to happen with that command?…It's not going to work,…'cause you can't make yourself the BGP neighbor.…
You would be pairing to yourself,…and there's just something terribly wrong with that.…Not to mention illegal here.…You're going to get a message that says…can't configure the local system as the neighbor.…So if you get that, it freaks you out the first time…like any error message the first time is like, huh?…And it just means that you put your own local IP address in,…or one of your local IP addresses in.…Now let's try 123.2 there instead.…Instead.…There we go.…I knew I had it in me.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.