Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Interface tracking lab begins, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] HSRP interface tracking is an absolutely…fantastic feature and when you hear the definition…you just think, well, what's the big deal.…Well you'll see it in just a moment…after we go over the definition…which is simply that it enables HSRP…to monitor the status of a given interface.…Duh.…But when the line protocol of the monitored interface…is down, that's actually what…interface tracking looks at,…the logical state of this monitored interface,…then the HSRP priority of the active router is reduced.…And this can lead to another router…in the group becoming the active router,…but we've got to watch two values when we're doing this.…
We got to watch our priority and we got to watch,…of course, our preemption status.…Now this is quite a network we have going on here…and the previous HSRP cofigs have been removed…and I've put the very basics back on to…routers two and three, including preemption,…which I will show you.…We'll do a show standby in just a moment.…And the OSPF configs are not shown here,…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.