Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Fun with hello and dead timers, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Narrator] Absolutely no ambiguity when it comes…to the hello and dead timers, no exceptions, no, you know,…if you configure the router on Tuesday it doesn't…have to match.…Your hello and dead timers must match…between potential OSPF neighbors…or they will remain just that, potential OSPF neighbors.…You'll never get an adjacency, and of course…they have to remain the same after that adjacency is formed…because the routers are going to keep exchanging hellos…after the adjacency is formed and you'll see…those hello and dead timers actually…in one of the packets here very shortly.…
Generally speaking, and that's a weasel word,…generally speaking if you just leave these timers…at their defaults the adjacency will form as it did here,…and by weasel word I mean that means there has…to be an exception and maybe…we'll see that exception shortly.…But most of the time you just leave the hello…and the dead timers alone.…Just leave them alone.…They don't impact your adjacency.…But let's just say somebody comes along…and changes the hello and dead timers on R2's interface…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.