- [Instructor] We're going to take just a minute or two here…to go over some theory of BGP peering…before we actually start performing it,…and this is very important stuff.…You're going to see it's very simple stuff,…but it's very important, 'cause of course,…without the peerings we really don't have…anything else going on, but also we have to watch…what kind of peerings we have,…because that's going to impact the operation overall…of our BGP deployment.…TCP, just like TCP, BGP is connection-oriented.…It's considered reliable, and we're going to have…an underlying connection between two BGP speakers…before the routing updates are actually exchanged.…
Now that connection takes place on TCP port 179,…which is a port you've got to leave unblocked…by access lists or anything else you happen to be…blocking stuff with on your Cisco routers.…Once that connection is established,…the BGP speakers exchange routes,…they're going to sync their tables,…and then after that, the initial exchange that is,…a BGP speaker sends further updates…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.