Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video EtherChannel negotiation protocols, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at some of this weirdness…that I keep alluding to, as far as LACP and PAgP go.…And, as promised during the break,…I did a write-erase on the switches,…got rid of all the VLANs with del vlan.dat.…And that was that.…Here is switch 1, I just ran show spanning vlan 1.…And we know we're on the root.…Beyond the fact that it says,…This bridge is the root, under Root ID,…we also know that this is the root…because all the ports are in forwarding mode.…So, everything looks fine here.…
And on switch 2, which I have run here,…you can see we show spanning vlan 1,…two of the three ports are in blocking mode…and the root port is in forwarding mode.…So, everything is just the way it ought to be.…Let's fix that. (laughs)…Let's go ahead and we're going to,…what we're going to do on switch 1…is configure that for ether channels…using LACP, aggressive LACP.…And on switch 2, we will use aggressive PAgP.…Let's go ahead and get rocking with that.…
Range fast 0/13 - 15.…And instead of using on this time, I'm going to use active…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.