Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video EIGRP > Routing Information Protocol (RIP), part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] I have been known to speak ill…of RIP Version Two or RIP overall from time to time,…like, say, on the last video,…but RIP Version Two is not all bad.…You know, it does understand subnet masks.…It allows authentication of routing updates,…even though you don't have what we'd actually call…an adjacency between routers exchanging RIP updates.…You can authenticate the updates themselves.…One of the problems with RIP, whether it's Version One…or Version Two, lies with the path metric it uses,…the incredibly unscientific term hops.…
As I like to say, bunny rabbits hop.…I really don't want my routing protocols…just counting hops.…And, the issue there, of course, is the speed of links,…especially today, because we didn't have super speed links…when we developed RIP.…You know, we just had a few different kinds,…so the hops really didn't matter.…But today, like in the previous laps,…routers one and two are connected by a serial link,…routers one and three by Fast Ethernet.…And the speeds are wildly different there by default,…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.