Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Debugging and troubleshooting a password authentication mismatch, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- Just as I threatened, here we are,…right back at router two and what we're going to do now is…create some mismatches and run some debugs.…Because again, you really need to see what things look like…when they're not working in order to recognize the problem.…And you're going to see here with OSPF debugs in particular,…as opposed to, say, EIG or PD bugs.…OSPF debugs are super helpful in helping you spot the issue…and getting things fixed.…Let's go ahead, though, and set up on router two.…I'm going to set up a password mismatch between…routers two and three.…
And what I need to do is go to 0/0.…I'll go through my old commands with the Up Arrow.…Control + A to the front of the line.…I do love that one.…And I've taken the password off.…(typing)…I could've it here and saved myself that mistype, too.…So, I did not change the authentication type.…We're still running in clear text,…although we need to verify that.…We know the theory says if we don't enter…an authentication type, it's going to default to clear text,…but let's run show ip ospf neighbor.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.