- Before we get into that discussion of MST I do want…to draw a very clear line in the sand here when it comes…to our Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Versions PVST and PVST+.…Now this is the name is the recipe.…Per-VLAN Spanning Tree.…The Cisco proprietary PVST runs a separate instance…of STP for every VLAN.…The good of that is that it allows for much better…fine-tuning of spanning tree performance than STP does.…Of course, we first saw that with some Per-VLAN…load balancing in an earlier video.…
The bad is that running PVST does mean extra work…for your CPU and your memory.…Okay?…That's usually worth the trade-off.…The ugly is that PVST itself, the original PVST,…requires ISL trunking and we know…that we're usually going to see .1Q trunking.…I'm not saying there's no ISL out there but we see a lot…of .1Q and that's what we use here in the labs as well.…Now, not only that little problem there,…but PVST doesn't play well with Common Spanning Tree,…and more on that in just a moment.…
So Cisco came out with PVST+,…which has the same functionality as PVST…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.