Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Carry that weight (attribute), part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] I have cleverly hidden…part of the physical set of this network from ya…'cause I know you'll skip ahead to that…and you won't listen what I have to say…for the next minute or so about the weight attribute.…But if you go ahead and start writing that out now,…I understand,…because frankly there's not too much hidden from you.…Couple a quick facts about the weight attribute.…Got to remember this.…Cisco-proprietary is locally significant only,…and we mean locally significant to the router itself,…not to an AS,…because the weight attribute…is never going to be advertised to any other router,…whether that mean internal or external peer.…
Now the path with the larger weight is preferred.…Sounds good to me.…The default for this attribute is a bit odd,…so is the author.…Sounds like an opinion to me,…but it is a little odd.…The default weight for a route that's originated…on the local router is 32768.…For all other routes it is zero.…I kid you not.…We're going to see this live in just a moment.…And we're going to work with the weight attribute…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.