Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Bridge protocol data unit (BPDU) guard, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Narrator] Uh-oh, he's got the Portfast warning back up.…That can't possibly be good.…Well actually it is good.…I just want to give you a quick reminder of this…because BPDU Guard,…the feature we're looking at in this video,…is actually feature that CISCO came up with…to help us stop the one person,…and there's always one,…who's going to see a warning like this and say, "You know what,…I think I'll connect a switch to this Portfast-enabled port…and see what happens."…Or a hub or a concentrator, or even an et cetera.…Well, what BPDU Guard is going to do…it takes loop, excuse me, it takes root guard…one step further.…
Where root guard took action when a superior BPDU came…in on a port, BPDU Guard is going to take action when…any…BPDU comes in.…And what happens is that port will actually will go…into what we call error disabled state…and we're going to use the topology from the Root Guard section…to illustrate and run a lab here.…Now we know that if BPDU Guard was out of the picture,…if Root Guard was out of the picture,…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.