Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video BackboneFast, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] All right, we're going to spend a few minutes…now talking about BackboneFast…and we're going to talk about it, discuss it…and look at a couple walk-throughs.…And, then we're going to be in the lab…for about 20 seconds on this one.…Sorry to disappoint with the labs,…but the thing is the commands for this…are very, very simple.…It's the easiest part of it.…It's the theory that we want to take a deeper look at.…And, what our Cisco-proprietary feature BackboneFast does…is helps our network to recover from indirect link failures.…And, the key word there is indirect,…because if a switch detects such a failure,…and all that is, it's a failure of a link…not directly connected to the switch in question.…
That's when BackboneFast goes into action.…Now, how do we detect that in the first place?…Well, an indirect link failure is detected…when an inferior BPDU is received…and we're going to see exactly what I'm talking…about in this particular walk-through.…Right now, switch one, switch two, switch three,…switch one's the root.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.