Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video BGP best path selection process, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] We're going to stay on the board here…for just a few minutes…because I really want us to concentrate…on these multiple paths that Router 1 has…to Router 3's loop back and to Router 4's loop back…and why these particular paths were chosen.…Now at the top of the screen right now,…I do have the full BGP table for Router 1,…but then at the bottom here…I've got the two entries for Router 3's loop back.…And one of them has been marked valid and best.…The other one's been marked valid,…so maybe there's no problem with it, but maybe there is.…
And as we look at this,…if you don't have that entire list memorized…that we just went over the end of the last video,…that's okay for now, but know it for the exam.…But I'm going to give you a little bit of a clue…as to what's going on here with this path selection.…I personally guarantee you that the BGP RIB,…the last step, does not come into play.…Okay?…So something's going on here in that path selection, maybe.…And I'll shut up now with all that…and we'll go down here and look at Router 3's entries…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.