Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Area authentication and interface-level authentication, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Teacher] Let's see exactly what kind of chaos,…if any, we're going to cause by mixing authentication types…and passwords in the same network,…not over the same adjacencies,…we know that's not going to work,…we've seen that with routers two and three.…But here, we're going to use area authentication…to enable MD5 authentication globally…on routers one, two, and three,…but we're going to retain the clear text authentication…that we already have running over the broadcast networks…between routers two and three.…We're also going to use a different password…for the adjacencies running over the frame network,…we're going to use CCNA for that,…so we've got all kinds of potential issues here,…let's see if we actually have any issues come up.…
First off, I do want to verify with you that I fixed up…that adjacency between routers two and three,…you can see here, I ran showip ospf interface fast 0/0…just to verify,…and we see simple password authentication enabled,…and the adjacency is in place,…so we are in good shape there.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.