Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Advertising routes with the network command, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] With a couple of pairings in place,…let's get ready to do some advertising of routes with BGP.…And of course we'll have to create a router too…to advertise as well.…Now we are going to use the network command in BGP,…but not quite in the same fashion as we did…with OSPF and with EIGRP.…The command is going to look much the same,…but there is a little nit to pick here…because where IGPs identify the interfaces to be enabled…with the protocol in question, BGP uses this command…to identify the networks to actually be advertised by BGP.…
Now, the network specified by the BGP network command…has to be an exact match for a network contained…in the IP routing table,…and that includes the mask, should you include it.…Because using the mask in the BGP network command…it's not required, it is highly recommended though.…If you're called upon to troubleshoot a BGP config,…even if it's yours, and that config is missing the masks…on the network statements,…that's the first thing I would check out,…that is very likely the issue.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.