In this video, Robin installs ChefDK, to familiarize you with the tools to accomplish the development of recipes, cookbooks, and their testing.
- [Voiceover] I wanted to take a moment…to talk about how I've set up my machine for this class.…Essentially, we're going to take a look…at installing the Chef development kit,…which is a collection of tools that we can use…to get started with Chef.…If you're interested in how I've set up my machine,…definitely take a look at downloads.chef.io.…On their downloads page,…you'll find the Chef development kit.…It's a collection of tools that streamlines the process…of actually building, developing,…and testing your Chef code.…
It's going to contain a lot of tools…that you'll see me demonstrating in this course,…like chef generate, chef-client, knife, and test kitchen.…You're welcome to check out the downloads section…and install it on your machine,…if you'd like to follow along with any of the exercises.…Now, it's not super-important to understand…how the Chef development kit is installed,…but you should know that…it's built on top of the Ruby programming language.…The Chef development kit is not going to install…
- Configuration management
- Using Chef
- Installing the Chef development kit (ChefDK)
- Provisioning a CentOS instance
- Using recipes and the Apache cookbook
- Working with nodes and node objects
- Using templates and embedded Ruby
- Hosting a Chef server
- Provisioning nodes with AWS
- Testing deployments with Kitchen
- Exploring the Chef Supermarket
- Resolving dependencies with Berkshelf
- Working with server roles, environments, and data bags
Skill Level Beginner
Setting up a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Serverwith Sandra Toner2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Chef
2. From Recipes to Cookbooks
3. The Chef Server
4. Going Full Scale
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.