In this video, Robin talks about hosted Chef and how to implement it in your environment.
- [Instructor] It's time to get started…with the Chef Server.…I'm going to have you head over to manage.chef.io…to get started with Hosted Chef.…Remember, this is a free way to get started with working…with a chef server.…As long as you stay under the reasonable amount of…manage nodes, it will be free.…Go ahead and head over to manage.chef.io…and login if you already have an account,…otherwise, go ahead over to the Click here…to get started section, which will take you to…the sign up page.…
You can start you're free trial by filling out…this information here,…and creating a user name of some sorts.…This will need to be unique as well.…Once you've found a unique username,…agree to the terms of service,…and click the Get Started button.…You'll be required to verify your email address once you've…gone through and created the account.…Once you've signed into your email, you'll be asked to…create a password of sorts.…
Once you've verified your email address, head back over to…the sign in page on manage.chef.io.…You'll fill in your name or email address…
- Configuration management
- Using Chef
- Installing the Chef development kit (ChefDK)
- Provisioning a CentOS instance
- Using recipes and the Apache cookbook
- Working with nodes and node objects
- Using templates and embedded Ruby
- Hosting a Chef server
- Provisioning nodes with AWS
- Testing deployments with Kitchen
- Exploring the Chef Supermarket
- Resolving dependencies with Berkshelf
- Working with server roles, environments, and data bags
Skill Level Beginner
Setting up a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Serverwith Sandra Toner2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Chef
2. From Recipes to Cookbooks
3. The Chef Server
4. Going Full Scale
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.