Project management trainer and consultant Chris Croft provides tips and tricks for creating a Gantt chart to manage your projects.
- [Chris] Hi. I'm Chris Croft and welcome to this training course on Gantt Charts. They're probably the most useful project management technique there is. If you're planning or controlling the implementation of a project of any size, then you'll need to have a Gantt chart. And yet, they are hugely misunderstood. Most people don't know the easiest way to produce them and they end up making them too complicated and then they don't fully use them. Gantt charts can be so great if you use them correctly.
So, on this course, I'm gonna show you everything you need to know about Gantt charts. I'm going to cover what they are, why they're so useful, how to construct them, even the most difficult ones, and then we'll take a close look at all of the things you could use them for. By the end of the course, you'll know all about them and you'll be able to produce and use them for any project. So, let's get started.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Describe the layout of a Gantt chart.
- Define the critical path.
- Differentiate between agile, scrum, and waterfall.
- Determine how to position the floating tasks.
- Explain when it’s ideal to use a Gantt template.
- Summarize why a Gantt chart is useful for communicating with customers.