Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Communicating with customers, part of Learning Gantt Charts.
- The other important communication area…is with customers.…A Gantt chart will allow you to quickly…and easily show customers why it takes so long…to do their project.…And it will also justify the price…because it shows brilliantly how much work there is.…Often projects are much more complicated…than they first sound, and customers don't always…realize the work involved in giving them what they want.…It also shows them what they need to do…for their part and when and the effect…on the whole thing if they're late.…
For example, if you're making a website…and the client needs to supply the written content,…they need to commit to delivering it on time.…It's also a great sales aid.…You look systematic, organized, experienced.…They can trust you so much more…than the next guy who just says,…"It'll take 10 weeks," without any proof.…Even if his time's shorter than yours,…how could we know he's right?…And you can offer them options.…We could do the project faster,…but it'll be more expensive.…
Or we can do it faster, but it will involve some risk.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is a Gantt chart?
- Estimating times and adding contingency
- Assessing the Gantt chart software options
- Using Gantt chart templates
- Communicating the plan
- Accelerating projects with Gantt charts