Understand how queries are processed in the distributed architecture of Cassandra.
- [Instructor] To understand write operations,…it helps to be familiar with some important data structures.…Cassandra uses an optimized write procedure…that combines features for data integrity,…high availability, and low latency.…Cassandra writes a piece of data…to three different data structures.…The commit log, Memtables and SS tables.…The combination…of these three data structures helps Cassandra…achieve high availability, fast write,…and low latency read capabilities.…
The commit log is an append only log.…Every write operation received by a node…is written to the commit log on persistent storage.…The commit log enables Cassandra to recover writes,…even if power fails or a server crashes…before writing data to the table data structure.…All data is written to the commit log…in the order it is received.…There is no consideration of primary keys…or the order of data.…Data is only read from the commit log…during a recovery operation,…so it's optimized for fast writes…at the expense of being able…to arbitrarily read a particular data by key.…
- Cassandra architecture
- Keyspaces, tables, and columns
- Installing Java and Cassandra
- CQL data types
- Designing Cassandra tables
- Tuning tables to optimize queries
- When to use secondary indexes and materialized views
- Physical data modeling and distributing data
- Cassandra architecture and its impact on data modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cassandra Architecture
2. Cassandra Query Language Data Types
3. Designing Cassandra Tables
4. Physical Data Modeling and Distributing Data
Replication in Cassandra2m 1s
5. Cassandra Architecture and Its Impact on Data Modeling
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.