Ever notice how the most qualified people don't always get the promotions? Talent Maximizer Roberta Matuson explains how work really gets done in the office, and provides tips to help you navigate swiftly through your organization. This online video training helps leaders at all levels better understand how work really gets done in organizations.
- Have you ever noticed how the people…who get promoted in your organization,…aren't necessarily those who're the most qualified?…Yet, low and behold, they get the promotion…and receive all the benefits that come with their new title,…while the person who should've gotten promoted,…is left behind.…Nine out of 10 times,…this happens because of office politics.…Let's make sure you're not the one who is overlooked.…
I recently met a woman named Mary.…She was a mid level manager with great reviews.…But at promotion time, her coworker,…who hadn't been there as long and wasn't as qualified,…moved right past Mary, and is now her supervisor.…What happened?…While Mary had her head down, doing her job,…her coworker was playing the political game.…She was meeting with the senior leaders…and was volunteering to work on their key projects.…
She also made it a point to occasionally have lunch…with the department manager,…so the manager could get to know her better.…Those efforts paid off.…If Mary were my client, and she was interested…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Decoding your boss's management style
- Managing your boss
- Building strong relationships
- Avoiding mistakes
- Dealing with office politics
- Ensuring your next play is the right move
- Communicating effectively
- Bridging a generation gap
- Being heard
- Tooting your own horn strategically