Join Dr. Chaz Austin for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Transitioning Out of Your Job.
- Welcome to Transitioning Out of Your Job. There are many books and courses abut how to find and keep a job. I should know, I've authored a couple of books on the subject, but there's not a lot available, about how to leave one. This course focuses on that very important subject. It's designed for anyone who will ever expectedly or unexpectedly be terminated from a job, and it's also designed for anyone who's considering leaving their job.
With that said, let me warn you, that this course is not a course for people who are angry with their boss, and looking for tips about how to tell them off before they quit, nor is it for people who wanna even the score with a company when they leave their job, because they don't feel they were properly appreciated. I'm not going to share tips on how to give your coworkers a piece of your mind and then be able to turn your back and walk away and leave them upset and angry and hurt.
Transitioning out of your job is a big decision. To be successful at this process, you need a plan, some kind of a financial cushion, and most important a professional demeanor.
- Assessing the pros and cons of quitting your job
- Giving notice
- Talking to your supervisor
- Saying goodbye
- Taking a vacation after you quit
- Reflecting on your old role