There are similarities between finding a regular job and finding a remote job, and there are difficulties that can be associated with both. Many people are unsure where to find a remote job, but research shows that there is increased opportunity in the flexible workforce. Viewers should be aware of the scams involved in finding a remote job. Learn how to navigate job boards safely and successfully.
- Emotional roller coaster is a term many people…use to describe a job search.…I know, I've been there too, and I can tell you this.…Searching for a remote job may seem…like it is even more daunting than…a traditional job search, because people…are not sure of where to find these jobs,…or how the whole remote job thing works.…My hope is that I can help set some of your…expectations and ease some of those concerns.…For starters, remote jobs are a lot more…common than you might think.…
Just to throw some numbers your way,…it's estimated that 80% of employers…are planning to increase their flexible workforce.…That is a good thing, since FlexJobs Survey…reported that 90% of US workers…say they would like flexible work options.…I also just read a study that reported that…two out of every three Americans…would choose less pay if they could have…more flexibility and shorter hours.…If we rewind to when I was first starting out…as a working professional, remote jobs…were limited to only a few specific careers.…
Think customer service reps, or sales reps.…
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.