In this course, author and executive coach Simon T. Bailey explains how sponsors can guide you along in your career. Learn how to clarify and assess your career goals, so that you can choose the most appropriate sponsor. Once you identify and secure a sponsor, see how you can build a trusting relationship and continue to learn from them and their sphere of influence as you grow your career.
- In business, you may not always have access to all the people, opportunities, and information that you need to successfully move around within your company. That's where finding a sponsor comes in. The latest research suggests that within the next five to 10 years, 250 million knowledge worker jobs will be eliminated due to automation and advancements in technology. As the workforce shifts, finding a sponsor is critical to making strategic moves as industries evolve.
While finding a sponsor can seem like a daunting task, the reality is sponsors are individuals within organization who are looking to make a bet on someone who has the potential to move the brand or the business forward. This person can point you in the right direction to build your career. Hi, I'm Simon T. Bailey. As a former leader with a Fortune 500 company, I want to share with you the importance of developing sponsor relationships within your organization.
In this course, we'll explore how to find and secure a sponsor. We'll look at the difference between a sponsor and a mentor. I'll share with you some tips for leveraging your sponsor's expertise in order to grow your career. We'll discuss the importance of intangibles, which become your point of differentiation in your sponsorship. And lastly, I'll show you how to avoid potholes, overcome roadblocks, and pay it forward. I invite you on this journey to find your sponsor.
- Defining your career goals
- Leveraging your sponsor's influence
- Engaging with your sponsor as an advocate
- Finding projects outside your job requirements
- Making your strengths visible to your organization
- Navigating political roadblocks
- Avoiding career potholes