Got the job offer? Learn how to understand what your offer covers and negotiate your compensation and benefits when you accept a new job.
- Have you ever wondered if you could have negotiated a better job offer? What hiring managers are really thinking? Or even if coworkers are doing something different than you, something better? Today's job market is very different than 10 years ago or even three years ago, and negotiation strategies are changing along with it. Whether you're looking to advance your career, make an internal move, or even land that first job, it seems hard enough to find that right opportunity. But then you worry if you're being offered a good deal.
That's what this course is all about, learning how to get what you want out of a new job offer. We'll talk about evaluating the offer, negotiation myths, strategies, as well as unexpected situations that might arise. I'm Christine, and I've dedicated my career to coaching professionals to successfully navigate their career path. After years in human resources helping organizations find and hire the best people out there, I have a unique insight into what goes on behind the scenes in the hiring process.
And I'd like to share these insights with you. In this course, I'm going to show you how to effectively navigate today's job offer process so you can get the best compensation possible. With a little preparation and practice, the right job and right offer are out there waiting for you. Let's get started.
- Analyze a position and salary range.
- Define what you want from a new position.
- Evaluate a job offer.
- Identify tactics and myths for negotiating salary.
- Prepare for negotiating in special situations.
- Assess the best way to give notice at your old job.