Starting a new job? Learn what you need to succeed. Get actionable tips for making the most of your role at a new company.
- There's an old expression, getting there is half the fun. Of course, the process of finding a suitable job, creating your resume, filling out the required paperwork, and going through the interview process was probably not all fun, but you won. Yay for you. Now getting the job is one thing. The real win is in keeping it. It's important to understand what you need to do after you've landed the job, and believe it or not, this part of the process can actually be fun.
I'm Dr. Chaz Austin and I've been teaching people how to find work and succeed in their careers for many years. In this course, I'll talk about how to create a foundation and structure to help you succeed in your new job. We'll look at why it's wise to approach your new workplace with humility and what's called a beginner's mind, and the importance of listening without judgment and being respectful of a new culture. I'll discuss how you'll sometimes feel overwhelmed and how to handle that.
You'll find tips about what to do to ease the transition like how to mirror and bond with your team, the importance of developing relationships with people throughout the company, and why you want to find mentors so you can avoid the landmines. Let's start working so you can keep working.
Success starts with a good foundation, a great plan, and an attitude of humility—no matter your level of expertise. From there, you learn techniques to integrate with your team, communicate and collaborate effectively, and find mentors at your company. Dr. Austin also helps you cultivate an energetic and focused attitude that will position you for future success.
- Plan for a new job.
- Create an effective job foundation and structure.
- Identify important aspects of humility.
- Explain how to identify success.
- Describe characteristics of mentors.
- Demonstrate energy in a new role.