Learn how to find a remote job. Get tips on conducting a remote job search, acing remote interviews, and staying motivated and productive when you work from home.
- If you thought hunting for a remote job might be similar to that of a traditional, in-office job search, you should probably think again. Before you get to searching, you first need to understand what a remote job actually is. A remote job is just one way of describing a job that is not performed in an office. Other terms that are often associated with remote jobs are telecommuting jobs, virtual jobs, home-based jobs, or even work-from-home jobs. These are important to know just because employers use different terms to describe at home positions.
Knowing how remote jobs are listed on job search boards can also help speed up your search and clue you in on which jobs can be done remotely and also which can't. So, if you're in the market for a remote job, know that there are some differences to be aware of, but in my opinion, you just cannot beat the lifestyle.
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.