Learn how to use strategic career planning to identify your dream job, determine your career goals, and then define and market your personal brand.
- View Offline
- Back when I started my career, I thought I'd move up the corporate ladder with a company I worked for, and eventually retire from that same company many years later with a pension, a gold watch, and a retirement party. Today's job market doesn't look anything like that. Corporate loyalty is a thing of the past and we're all freelancers always searching for the next opportunity, the next project, the next gig. This course will teach you how to successfully navigate the workplace of the 21st century.
I'm Dr. Chaz Austin and I've been teaching people how to find work and keep finding work doing what they love for many years. In this course, I'm going to walk you through creating a career plan. We'll start by identifying your passion and your monetizable passion, how to determine your career goals, and then how to focus your efforts so you can actually accomplish those goals. We'll cover how to self-market, how to brand yourself through both verbal and written communication, and talk about the importance of using social media to reach your audience.
I'll share with you insights on building and deepening relationships with people in your network and how to use a granular database, so that you're always on the minds of the people who can get you work. The time is now to create the career you want. You can't afford to waste another moment not chasing your dreams. Whether you've just graduated college or you've been in the workforce for years and are looking for a change, you can do this. I'm going to show you how.
Let's get started.
- Understanding the 21st century workplace
- Identifying your monetizable passion
- Knowing how to interview well
- Managing your search for work
- Negotiating salary
- Becoming a lifelong learner