In this video, Jared Shepard encourages veterans to thoroughly evaluate all the resources targeted towards veterans. Research and review all offers for legitimacy and effectiveness.
- Looking for tools and looking for assets that are going to help you in transition is kind of like searching the internet for an ailment. You're going to get all kinds of responses, some of them good, some of them bad. A lot of them very very valuable, but you have to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff. And in doing so, you're essentially just vetting a source, right? If you have a tool that you think is attractive that's going to help you, look to see what that tool is valued outside. Do an extra search. Look somewhere else. There are some just very basic tools that make sense to use on a daily basis.
Discover how to understand your strengths and value, where your skills fit into today's job market, and how to translate your experience into a solid resume. Learn how a mentor can help you navigate the transition and open up new opportunities. With Flo's advice, you can find a new purpose and continue the journey you started in the military—bringing your talents to bear on a whole new mission in life.
- Taking initiative
- Understanding your value
- Translating your experiences
- Building your resume
- Using a mentor
- Setting realistic expectations
- Building a network
- Transitioning into a new job
- Bonus videos featuring stories of transition from veterans