- Assessing the pros and cons of quitting your job
- Giving notice
- Talking to your supervisor
- Saying goodbye
- Taking a vacation after you quit
- Reflecting on your old role
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Leaving your job? Thinking of leaving your job? Worried you may be asked to leave your job? Welcome to Transitioning Out of Your Job, a manual for anyone who finds themselves in any of these predicaments, which means everybody at some point in your working life. I'm Dr. Chaz Austin and my specialty is training people how to navigate the workplace. In this course, we're going to cover all the things you need to do before, during, and after you cut ties with an employer.
The before part includes figuring out things like whether you even need to take the nuclear option of resigning and what to consider if you do decide to jump ship. In the during part, I'll guide you in how to give notice and deal with your boss, your team, and the stress you will experience. Yes, stress, because leaving a job may very well leave you confused and feeling a bit lost. After you leave, what then? Well, we're going to explore how you take care of yourself, your former teammates, and your reputation in your industry.
And some of the best things to do to set yourself up for success in your next adventure. This course will guide you through all of it, so let's get to work!