What are the desirable skills with collaboration tools hiring managers look for in a remote candidate? Most employees don't understand that they have been acquiring skills in their everyday jobs that make them great candidates for remote work opportunities. Not only is the appropriate equipment required for remote work but also project and customer management tools.
- Have an email account and phone…and think you're ready for remote work?…Well guess again.…The tools required of a remote worker…have evolved well beyond just having a landline…and access to email.…Having experience using communication tools,…collaboration software, and file storage platforms…will help remote job seekers gain a competitive advantage…during the application and interview process.…In this video you will learn…what types of tools hiring managers will want…remote workers to be familiar with.…For starters, you will need a fast computer…with a video camera and microphone,…as well as access to fast internet.…
This will ensure you can have video conferences…and also run a few of these software applications open…at the same time,…without bogging down your computer…and slowing down your workflow.…Oftentimes I have multiple internet browsers…running concurrently,…because I can quickly access data in multiple places.…I've got four gigs of RAM,…which Digital Trends recommends to run a fast system.…I also need to video conference with fellow employees…
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.