It may seem uncomfortable to self-promote, but that’s exactly what you must do to stand out in the crowd. Talent expert Roberta Matuson invites you to step into the strategic bragging arena and get the recognition and promotions you deserve.
- I want to tell you a story…about a lovely, charming, bright woman…lost in a sea of cubicles.…Let's call her Jennifer.…Jennifer is an MIT graduate who landed a job…in one of the hottest companies in America.…She's doing great work and wants to move up,…but she's not getting noticed…and not getting the assignments she really wants.…Sadly, Jennifer is on the fast track to career burn out,…but her story could have a happy ending…with a little bit of strategic bragging.…
Strategic bragging is an honest self promotion strategy.…It's not boasting.…It's when you let people know what's so great about you,…and doing so at the right time.…I had an opportunity to meet with Jennifer and her boss.…Jennifer was uncomfortable with the idea of self promotion…until her boss said,…"Do you know how many times your counterparts…"come into my office and tell me…"they're ready to be promoted?"…Your boss is a busy person.…
You may be doing good work,…but you need to help them see…that you're more than just another employee.…You've got to make sure you stand out in a positive way.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Decoding your boss's management style
- Managing your boss
- Building strong relationships
- Avoiding mistakes
- Dealing with office politics
- Ensuring your next play is the right move
- Communicating effectively
- Bridging a generation gap
- Being heard
- Tooting your own horn strategically