What are your personal, internal motivators for seeking a remote job? How can you stay connected to your intrinsic motivation? The author discusses the best way to avoid scams that can become a deterrent during your remote job search. There is high competition among remote job seekers. It's best to apply to higher quality jobs over a high quantity of jobs.
- You applied to 10 remote jobs over the last two weeks,…have heard nothing back, and today,…you can't see to find any jobs you're qualified for.…Sounds kinda depressing, right?…I find that there are two schools of theory…when it comes to job searching.…Some people feel invigorated by the process,…excited about the prospect of finding a new position,…meeting new people, interviewing with a prospective boss,…and so on,…and then there's the rest of us.…Let's face it, job searching can be tedious at best,…soul-crushing at its worst.…
Everyone, myself included,…experiences a job search slump once in a while.…It can be especially tricky…when trying to navigate the remote job market.…In order to get you through it,…I find that it helps to identify the factors…that are making my job search come to a standstill,…and develop a strategy to overcome them.…Something unique to the remote job hunt…when compared to in-office jobs is all the scams.…It can be especially depressing…if you engage with one of these scammers,…get your hopes up that that too good to be true job exists,…
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.