What are the desirable personal qualities hiring managers look for in a remote candidate? The author lays out 5 characteristics that hiring managers look for including great communication skills, focus, accountability, time management, and resourcefulness.
- Want to know if your personal qualities…and skills are up to snuff for remote work?…I can tell you that from my experience hiring managers…value remote job seekers that are great communicators,…have the ability to focus with little supervision,…are accountable for their actions,…have great time management skills,…and are resourceful.…In this video I'd like to share with you…some examples of why these personality traits…will increase your value as a remote employee.…First let's talk about communication.…
Why do you want a remote job?…So you don't have to be forced to speak…with other employees in the office, right?…Wrong answer obviously, but there are some important…communication differences in a remote setting.…Remote job seekers should be able to show…examples of proactive communication.…For example, I've worked in an office…where the IT guy would chat me up in the kitchen,…a manager from another department…would pick my brain about an idea,…and my teammate would tap me on the shoulder…to ask a question whenever he needed to.…
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.