Join Roberta Matuson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Managing Up.
- Thank you for joining me as we've explored how to manage up in the top-down world of business. We've reached the end of our course, which is the beginning of your journey towards becoming a magnetic leader. I've given you the secret to help you decode your boss's style of management, so now you are ready to manage any boss that comes your way. You have the tools to quietly navigate the political landscape in any organization, and hopefully I've convinced you that self-promotion is vital so you don't get overlooked.
For a quick reference guide on managing up, you can check out my book, Suddenly in Charge: Managing Up, Managing Down, Succeeding All Around. When you're ready to take your leadership to the next level, look for my books Talent Magnetism, or The Magnetic Leader. And check out my website, where you can sign up for my complimentary newsletter for tips on how to manage up in the top-down world of business. I hope you found our time together to be valuable.
Drop me a line and let me know how you're doing. And in the meantime, I wish you continued success as you move up in your career.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Decoding your boss's management style
- Managing your boss
- Building strong relationships
- Avoiding mistakes
- Dealing with office politics
- Ensuring your next play is the right move
- Communicating effectively
- Bridging a generation gap
- Being heard
- Tooting your own horn strategically