Join Lida Citroën for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Job Hunting for College Grads.
- View Offline
- We've covered a lot of ground in this course.…Are you exhausted yet?…I know it feels overwhelming…to think you have to pay attention…to your online posts, your resume,…your network, your wardrobe, and eye contact…just to get a job, but the reality is…you're gonna have to pay attention to those things…to keep your job, and grow into a better job.…I'd really like you to think about this next step…in your journey as a step,…because not many of you are gonna land your dream job…right out of school that you're gonna stay in…until you retire.…
More likely, you're gonna get that first job…that earns you enough for you to live on,…and you'll learn a ton, and you're gonna work really hard…for awhile.…Then, you might decide to go back to graduate school,…or you might change jobs to move closer…to the direction of a career that you'll be happy with…for a long time.…Whichever path you take, as long as you remain open-minded,…listen to the people around you who have your best interests…at heart, and who care about you,…and you think through decisions,…
Personal branding expert Lida Citroën shows you how to present yourself to employers in the best light, from your resume to your social media presence, to your interview attire. Lida also shares best practices for finding and applying to jobs, and setting yourself up for success before graduation. She helps you understand how to use social media strategically to network with future coworkers and mentors, and research the companies you really want to work for. Her advice is focused on helping you find a good fit with an employer that matches your passion, salary requirements, and values.
- Selling "you" and building your brand
- Leveraging an internship
- Finding your network
- Identifying your ideal employer
- Finding jobs online and in person
- Competing with others
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Acing the interview