Learn how to align your skills and passions and find matching industries and compatible job types for you.
- Employers aren't just looking at resumes today.…Sure, they want people who can do the job,…but they're also looking for someone…who can bring personality and passion.…As you think about your career,…match your passion and your skills…with the kind of environment where you'd fit in.…Then look for a paycheck.…You see, companies aren't just putting people into seats…and expecting the work to happen.…They want to recruit employees…who bring matching skills and talents…but also motivation to their teams.…
As you watch this video,…think about your passions and write them down.…Let's say you list golf, animals, maybe even shopping.…Well, that's great.…Keep making the list.…Under golf, consider whether you're passionate…about playing golf or running golf events.…Do you like the customer service side…of range management…or do you prefer teaching others to love the game…and play really well?…Keep drilling down on your list…and clarify as much as possible.…
Your next step is to look at your skills.…If you are passionate about playing and teaching golf,…
Personal branding expert Lida Citroën shows you how to present yourself to employers in the best light, from your resume to your social media presence, to your interview attire. Lida also shares best practices for finding and applying to jobs, and setting yourself up for success before graduation. She helps you understand how to use social media strategically to network with future coworkers and mentors, and research the companies you really want to work for. Her advice is focused on helping you find a good fit with an employer that matches your passion, salary requirements, and values.
- Selling "you" and building your brand
- Leveraging an internship
- Finding your network
- Identifying your ideal employer
- Finding jobs online and in person
- Competing with others
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Acing the interview