Looking for study partners?Join the Interview Tips study group
Preparing for an interview can be daunting. Learn how to master the top 10 most common interview questions you'll encounter when looking for a new job. The tips provided in this course will help you craft authentic answers that showcase your experience and your enthusiasm for an organization. For each question, career coach Valerie Sutton explains why the interviewer is asking it and then provides you with the best response. She also provides advice for tailoring your answer to entry-level or midcareer roles. In each chapter, we provide role-playing scenarios to illustrate the questions—and answers—in action.
- Tell me about your strengths
- Tell me about your weaknesses
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Why did you leave your previous company?
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation
- What questions do you have?
Skill Level Intermediate
- Preparing for an interview can be a daunting task. Anticipating and then practicing questions takes time. Which you sometimes may not have. Still, you need to be prepared to answer some of the more common questions that may come up. Hi, I'm Valerie Sutton, I'm an experienced career coach, focused on applying research to practice of building and managing your career. In this course, I'm going to take you through ten of the most common interview questions and show you how you can structure your responses.
You'll also see examples of successful answers for both entry-level, and mid-career candidates. In the end, all questions come down to the point, why should I hire you? This will be based on your skills, your qualifications, your fit, and if the organization feels you'll be successful. That's why it's important to make sure your answers are unique to you so you don't come across as a generic candidate. By reviewing these questions, you'll develop a framework to craft authentic answers that show your enthusiasm for the organization and role.
Let's get started.
1. The Who and What of the Interview
Types of interview questions1m 35s
2. Common Question 1
3. Common Question 2
4. Common Question 3
5. Common Question 4
6. Common Question 5
7. Common Question 6
8. Common Question 7
9. Common Question 8
10. Common Question 9
11. Common Question 10
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.