Roberta Matuson helps you understand what kind of boss you've been given and how to effectively manage that person. Your relationship with your boss is the most important relationship you have at work. Roberta shows you how to maximize this relationship, so you and your people can achieve high levels of success.
- I recently received an email…from a newly promoted supervisor,…who was smart enough to recognize that he needed help.…He said that he didn't know where he stood with his manager,…and that he felt like he was losing the manager's support.…As a result, he was working…60 to 70 hours a week to compensate.…It may seem unnatural to manage the person…who's managing you, but that's exactly what you need to do…to succeed in any role.…
Here are some things to consider when managing your boss.…Your boss is not a mind reader.…You may think your manager knows what you're feeling…or thinking, but I can assure you, they don't.…You need to tell them.…And while it may be hard for you,…your boss will appreciate it when you share…what's on your mind, as long as you do so,…in a respectful and constructive way.…Here's what I mean.…You may be anxious because you have no idea…where you stand with your boss.…
Rather than telling your boss that her management style…is stressing you out, tell her you do your best work…when given continuous feedback.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify strategies for surviving a dictatorial boss
- Explore the meaning of power in the workplace
- Examine ways to set a positive tone with a younger boss
- Review effective ways to promote your accomplishments with your manager