Benefits for remote jobs can be different than a traditional office jobs. Consider what benefits to ask about for when seeking a remote job, benefits that are outside of just salary negotiation. The right tools are needed to set up a home office and there are many in-office benefits that can be negotiated.
- Benefits for a remote job are different…than a traditional office job,…so it's important to know what to look for…and also what to ask for.…A benefit that you might not know to ask about…is a flexible schedule.…If your team is located in different time zones,…do you have to work the standard nine-to-five?…For me, if I wanna go mountain biking after work,…but there's limited sunlight…in the evening in the wintertime,…I'll wake up and start my day at six am…and get done by three, so I can do that.…And this is a benefit that I discuss with my employer…during the interview process.…
I encourage you to do the same.…And what about your old, clunky computer…that is seven years old?…If you wanted to work in an office,…they would have a computer, the phone,…and a desk already set up for you.…What type of infrastructure will this new employer…provide you with to keep you productive?…And something to think about these lines…is also an ergonomic chair to keep you comfy.…And let's talk about the coffee and snacks…you would normally get in an office.…
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.