Understand why women tend to negotiate lower salaries and how to overcome the stigma. Women earn less than men and salary negotiations is thought to be a big contributor. Identify which type of negotiation beliefs may be holding you back. Learn what specific statements and questions to practice to increase your ability to negotiate a better total compensation package. Increase confidence and personal power to demonstrate your natural leadership ability.
- Women earn about 90% of what men earn…until their mid-30's.…After that, the gap grows, in some cases,…upward of 76% of what men are paid.…Although there are thought to be several factors…contributing to this gap, how women approach salary…negotiations is believed to be a big contributor.…Let's start by exploring why women…may not be negotiating to their fullest potential.…There are numerous studies out there…that help explain possible theories.…
Some of their conclusions are it's expected…that men will negotiate, but not the case for women.…Women who negotiate can be perceived…as pushy, greedy, or demanding.…Women can negotiate for others…better than on their own behalf.…Women aren't sure what's negotiable and when to negotiate.…Some women report they just don't negotiate at all.…Some women believe that negotiating can cause confrontation,…which would not be beneficial for a salary negotiation.…
Do any of these seem familiar to you?…Regardless of the reasons that resonate…most or least with you personally,…there are some techniques and strategies that can help.…
- Analyze a position and salary range.
- Define what you want from a new position.
- Evaluate a job offer.
- Identify tactics and myths for negotiating salary.
- Prepare for negotiating in special situations.
- Assess the best way to give notice at your old job.