Learn how a sponsor can help you shape your brand within an organization.
- You are a brand, an emotion, a moment, and a memory.…Every single day, you reinforce the perception of your brand…by how you conduct yourself in internal meetings,…departmental meetings, team interactions,…company events, the break room, one-on-ones,…in the hallway, on the phone, and most importantly, online.…How you perceive your brand doesn't necessarily mean…that's how other people see your brand,…and your sponsor can help you create alignment…between what you want your brand to be…and how people perceive your brand.…
Now this may surprise you,…but I tend to be a socialized introvert.…I can be very social, but I'm generally…very quiet and to myself.…Well, at one point in my career it was perceived…that I was a know-it-all and that I wasn't very friendly.…My coworkers thought that I managed up well,…but I didn't manage well horizontally or peer-to-peer.…To add to that, the way I communicated…via email was misperceived.…My colleagues thought my emails were harsh,…insensitive, and came off a little angry,…and not as consensus-building or partnering.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining your career goals
- Leveraging your sponsor's influence
- Engaging with your sponsor as an advocate
- Finding projects outside your job requirements
- Making your strengths visible to your organization
- Navigating political roadblocks
- Avoiding career potholes