To be the most prepared for an interview, focusing on the common question what would you like to accomplish in the first 30, 60 or 90 days is important. In this video tutorial, Valerie Sutton explains how you can balance what is good about the organization and what may need to be fixed. This advice will also help you with the questions: What would you like to achieve in this position? How do you see yourself being successful in this position? Or, what would success look like for you in this position?
- If you really want to be prepared for an interview…you should always be ready to answer…what you want to accomplish in the first 90 days…of the position.…Many candidates think they will only be asked…about the past accomplishments and not about the future.…If you want to stand out as a candidate,…take your past experiences…and turn them into how you'll perform in the future.…In the book, The First 90 Days,…Michael Watkins states how critical it is…for your future success in an organization.…Thinking about it is imperative to the interview process.…
The way to approach this question…is to focus on the big picture…by understanding what you see as an outsider.…It is a balancing act…of showing what is good about the organization…and also what you think needs to be fixed.…You want to be careful…not to completely trash the organization,…but still give valid improvements that you can achieve.…Based on what you see,…make a few clear recommendations…for your first 30, 60, or 90-day plan…that are realistic based on what you currently know…
- Tell me about your strengths
- Tell me about your weaknesses
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Why did you leave your previous company?
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation
- What questions do you have?
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. The Who and What of the Interview
Types of interview questions1m 35s
2. Common Question 1
3. Common Question 2
4. Common Question 3
5. Common Question 4
6. Common Question 5
7. Common Question 6
8. Common Question 7
9. Common Question 8
10. Common Question 9
11. Common Question 10
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.